Police say they’re now very concerned for the welfare of a missing 12-year-old girl.
Jamie-Lee Harvey has been missing from her home in Ayr since Tuesday afternoon.
You are reading: Police now ‘very concerned’ for welfare of missing Ayrshire 12-year-old girl
The youngster was last seen around 3.30pmat Ayr train station where she boarded a train towards Glasgow.
Readmore : The It List: Coach adds new spring styles to Tabby line
Cops say she may have got off the train in Irvine as she is known to frequent the Irvine, Kilwinning and Saltcoats areas.
Officers are continuing to hunt for the schoolgirl in Ayrshire while liaising with the force in Glasgow City Centre and British Transport Police.
Police say she is known to travel to the Union Street area.
Readmore : Delicious eggnog recipe that takes 10 minutes to make
She is described as 5ft in height and of medium build with long, light, brown hair. When she was last seen she was wearing black clothing including a padded jacket, jumper, leggings and trainers.
Inspector Alex Beagrie of Irvine Police Station said: “Although Jamie-Lee has been reported missing before, she has never been away for this length of time. She is only 12-years of age and she has not been seen since Tuesday. We are very concerned. Searches and enquiries are ongoing to trace her as soon as possible to ensure that she is safe and well.
“If you have seen Jamie-Lee since Tuesday morning or if you have any information regarding her whereabouts, we urge you to contact us as soon as possible through 101 quoting incident number 2277 of March 14.
- Mould nightmare for Ayrshire families at new-build housing estate
- Makeover of top Ayrshire wedding venue branded as ‘rotten’ and ‘tasteless’ by furious brides
- Kilmarnock shop owner delighted to bag coveted award for second year running
- Confusion reigns as thousands of East Ayrshire households have bin days changed suddenly
- Devastated mum diagnosed with cancer after thinking she was doing ‘too much’ at the gym
Don’t miss the latest Ayrshire headlines –sign up to our free daily newsletter here