Barrie Fireplace and Emergency Providers are nonetheless wanting into the reason for the early-morning hearth that broke out in Tandoori Kingdom however say the injury is in depth.
You are reading: Barrie, Ont. restaurant severely broken by early-morning hearth
Deputy Fireplace Chief Carrie Clark mentioned the hearth crews had been known as out to the scene of the east finish restaurant round 5:15 a.m. on Thursday after a neighbour seen smoke.
When crews arrived, Clark mentioned the hearth had began burning by way of the roof.
“The crews arrange an aggressive assault and extinguished the hearth and did a radical overhaul of the constructing to make sure there have been no hotspots of the single-story restaurant,” Clark mentioned.
“The hearth investigators have been on the scene since simply earlier than 9 a.m. and are presently investigating the origin and reason behind the hearth. At the moment, it doesn’t seem suspicious.”
Clark mentioned there was nobody contained in the restaurant when firefighters responded, and no accidents had been reported.
The estimated price of the injury is unknown at the moment, however Clark mentioned the hearth had unfold all through the constructing.
“There’s a number of hearth injury all through the construction internally, and sections of the roof have been burned by way of. In order that by no means bodes effectively.”